PublishedWed, 23 Jun 2021, 16:15
- The latest in European club and festival announcements.
Here's a rolling story rounding up the latest electronic events planned across Europe.
Last updated: 12:45 PM CET, June 23rd
Wednesday, June 23rd
• Time Warp will not happen in 2021. The next flagship edition of the house and techno giant will take place on April 2nd, 2022, with a Brazilian spin-off planned in May.
• Following the loosening of event restrictions in France, Nuits Sonores has extended its opening hours and added extra artists to play shows with dancing permitted. The new names include Jennifer Cardini, Bambounou and Laurent Garnier.
• Amsterdam's circus-themed venue Thuishaven has announced a string of parties running from July 3rd until September 19th. Among the DJs billed are Palms Trax and Amelie Lens, as well as ten-hour sets from Benny Rodrigues and Sandrien.
Friday, June 18th
• Inner State, the new Albanian festival from the team behind Kala, will not take place in 2021 due to the unpredictability around travel restrictions. Read the full statement.
Thursday, June 17th
• Horst Arts & Music festival has completed the lineup for its 2021 edition, adding Circle Of Live, Deborah X, India Jordan, Donato Dozzy, Sicaria Sound and many more.
• Taking place on the 7th and 8th of August, Voltage festival's techno-heavy bill features British Murder Boys, Ellen Allien, Peter Van Hoesen and SPFDJ.
Tuesday, June 15th
• Germany's Aware Festival extends to four days for its 2021 edition, which is scheduled to run from August 19th through 22nd in Werneuchen. Artists on the lineup include DJ Stingray, Sedef Adasi, Virginia and Toulouse Low Trax.
Friday, June 11th
• Croatian festival Sonus has pushed this year's event back to August 2022. The lineup is still TBA.
Thursday, June 10th
• Milan promoter Take It Easy has announced a run of three dates at Circolo Magnolia, under the banner Humans. The first date welcomes Lorenzo Senni, the second Jeff Mills (who will score Fritz Lang's Metropolis live) and the third a surprise guest.
• Horst Arts & Music festival has opened an exhibition at Asiat, Vilvoorde. Kiosk Radio will provide the music, and there will be artist talks, dance performances, panel discussions and more.
• After eight months, the Studio Berlin exhibition is returning to Berghain on June 18th. Check out the featured artists and book guided tours or open house sessions here.
• Peacock Society has announced the lineup for its September 4th and 5th open air. Folamour, Voiski, Marina Trench, Antigone and Azu Tiwaline will all play.
Tuesday, June 8th
• UK promoter Terminal V is heading to Berlin with a three-day festival at Funkhaus in February 2022. The first round of acts includes Octave One, Matrixxman, Nur Jaber and Paula Temple.
• Ostrov Festival is taking place in Kyiv this week, with the likes of Bjarki, Sonja Moonear, Etapp Kyle and Magda confirmed to play.
Monday, June 7th
• Afro party starters Freak de l'Afrique announce their two-day festival, AYO City, taking place at Haubentaucher on July 10th and 11th.
• Russia's Gamma Festival reveals the first half of its lineup for July 9th through 11th, which includes Dasha Rush, Dax J and Ancient Methods, as well as a showcase from m_division.
• Paradise Down By The Lake adds five new dates to its month-long festival program running throughout July. The extra dates add Move D, Valentino Mora and Paquita Gordon to the bill.
• Snowbombing has revealed the dates and lineup for its 2022 festival, with slots for the likes of Sam Divine, Rudimental and headliners Bicep.
Thursday, June 3rd
• Meakusma has announced its three-day festival for early September. Performers include Sarah Davachi, Pessimist, Phuong Dan and Tribe Of Colin.
• Draaimolen Festival has announced the full lineup for its ten-day edition in 2021, which begins September 8th. Dasha Rush, Djrum, Nene H, Blawan, Mama Snake and Konduku (who will go back-to-back with Bambounou) are among the 57 artists billed.
Wednesday, June 2nd
• Running from November 11th through 14th, Le Guess Who? 2021 has confirmed this year's guest curators, with slots for Midori Takada, Lucrecia Dalt and John Dwyer. Check the lineup so far.
Tuesday, June 1st
• Nuits Sonores has announced a "special edition" of its flagship festival, scheduled from July 20th through 25th. Acts include Jeff Mills & Jean-Phi Dary, Pantha Du Prince and around 50 local artists and multi-displinary art projects.
• Donato Dozzy and Eva Geist will perform their collaborative album, Il Quadra Di Troisi, live at the Terraforma festival site, Villa Arconati, on July 3rd.
• Outdoor venue OXI Garten is reopening this weekend with Skee Mask, GiGi FM and Agyena billed over Friday and Saturday.
Photo credit: Daniel Robert Dinu