- The Icelandic producer's third album is out later this month.
Ozy will release Distant Present on nothings66 on March 25th.
Dub techno aficionados may remember Ozy, proper name Örnólfur Thorlacius, from his releases on the Icelandic imprint Thule Records. It's been seven years since Ozy has put out a single and a full thirteen since his last full-length record, Gray Area, though he recently performed live at Sónar Reykjavik. For Distant Present, Thorlacius has integrated hints of breakbeat and rave influence into his dub techno sound. The Icelandic and Japanese label nothings66 has enlisted some notable remixers for the project. Versions by Miles and Laurel Halo, as well as Japanese new ager College Drop, are interspersed among Distant Present's twelve tracks.
Check out the album teaser below.
03. Gin And (Bi/T)onic (Reprise)
04. Drama Club (Miles' Method Remix)
07. Dis-en-gaged (Rework)
08. Black To The Future (COLLEGE DROP Remix)
11. Black To The Future (Laurel Halo Remix)
nothings66 will release Distant Present on March 25th, 2015.