- Rush Hour will issue a compilation that shines light on the Japanese house producer Soichi Terada.
Hunee has overseen a Rush Hour Music compilation that spotlights the work of Japanese house label Far East Recording and the producer Soichi Terada.
Terada is the main focus of the compilation, titled Sounds From The Far East—his music accounts for 11 of the 13 tracks. (The other two come from Far East founder Shinichiro Yokota.) Both Terada and Yokota were recently subject to a reissue on new label Hhatri, and this Rush Hour compilation arrives at a time of renewed interest in Japanese house music.
"I talked to Antal [Rush Hour's founder] and proposed reaching out to Soichi Terada to see if he was interested in working on a Rush Hour retrospective compilation on Far East Recording," Hunee told RA. "Fortunately he is a super nice, humble and friendly person and was immediately interested in the project. After listening through a huge amount of works from his catalogue, we narrowed it down to these 13 tracks. Hopefully this release will bring the music from Far East back to the ears and clubs of the world."
You can listen to sample clips over at the label's website. It'll land on vinyl, CD and digital formats in January 2015. The vinyl contains 12 tracks, while the CD version has 13.
Listen to Soichi Terada & Manabu Nagayama's "Low Tension (Alternative Version)" below.
01. Soichi Terada - Saturday Love Sunday
02. Shinichiro Yokota - Do It Again
03. Soichi Terada - Sun Showered
04. Soichi Terada & Manabu Nagayama - Low Tension (Alternative Version)
05. Soichi Terada - Hohai Beats
06. Soichi Terada - Good Morning
07. Soichi Terada - CPM
08. Soichi Terada - Rising Sun Up
09. Shinichiro Yokota - Shake Yours
10. Soichi Terada - Voices From Beyond
11. Soichi Terada - Purple Haze (Edit)
12. Soichi Terada - Binary Rondo
13. Soichi Terada - Into Desert
Rush Hour will release Sounds From The Far East in January 2015.