- Seth Troxler, Ryan Crosson, Shaun Reeves and Lee Curtiss strut their stuff on the London club's next mix.
Visionquest have mixed Fabric 61, due for release in early December.
Over the past two years, Visionquest has become one of clubland's most popular DJ and production ensembles. The group is made up of Seth Troxler, Ryan Crosson, Shaun Reeves and Lee Curtiss, four artists who grew up together in Michigan and got their music education at parties in Detroit. As an official collective they got started doing remixes, then developed into a DJ ensemble and finally a record label, which launched with one of the biggest records of 2011, Benoit & Sergio's Where The Freaks Have No Name (i.e. the one with "Walk & Talk").
Fabric 61 is Visionquest's first commercial mix. It reflects the same balance of pop and club sensibilities that characterizes the label, with vocal tunes by Cassius and Footprintz offsetting more stripped down tracks by the likes of STL and DVS1.
"When deciding together which tracks we wanted to go with we took into consideration the timelessness of the songs, tracks from our past and our present and presented them to tell our story," says Reeves of the mix. "The start is very representative of the Visionquest DJ sound and the end shows the eclectic sound of our label. It goes from music for clubs to music for life."
01. Tin Man - Wasteland
02. STL - Portside Waves
03. Soul Center - Hal 2010
04. Seuil - In The Moon
05. Konrad Black - Doodimbouttogay
06. Cassius - The Sound Of Violence (Franco Cinelli Remix)
07. Terje Bakke - Ekaterinburg
08. Kollektiv Turmstrasse & Florian Schirmacher - Uneins (Aril Brikha Remix)
09. Catz ‘n Dogz feat. Paul Randolph - I'm Free (Carl Craig Remix)
10. Loosefingers - Winterflower
11. My Favorite Robot - Forest Fires
12. DVS1 - Polyphonic Love
13. Green Velvet - Abduction
14. Aquarius Heaven feat. Dani Siciliano - Can't Buy Love
15. Tale Of Us & Footprintz - Tale/Foot Break
16. Footprintz - Heaven Felt Like Night
17. Wildcookie - Song With No Ending
Fabric will release Fabric 61 on December 5th, 2011.