- The Baron of techno gets dark on the latest installment of the club's mix series.
Dave Clarke has mixed fabric 60, due for release in October.
Clarke, once dubbed "the Baron of techno" by the BBC's John Peel, has long specialized in the darkest and toughest strains of club music, from his breakthrough Red Series 12-inches in the '90s to his DJ sets around world today. fabric 60 shows him running at full tilt. "I wanted to have a gothic and bass heavy start that represented the sonic characteristics that Room 2 is capable of handling," he says. "It's all pretty dark though and I think it represents the edgier side of club music that you only get to hear in clubs that care." Rather than looking back on old favourites, Clarke sticks mostly to records from the past two or three years. Though techno is the order of the day, he also finds a place for one of his other fetishes: electro. "Fabric is one place that can truly appreciate that."
Clarke will headline a launch party at fabric on November 12th, details for which are still forthcoming.
01. Raudive - Shiver
02. Crotaphytus - Cnemidophorus Sexlineatus (The Mr. Pauli Monster Bass Guitar Remix)
03. Tommy Four Seven - Armed 3
04. Marc Romboy vs. Paris The Black Fu - Dark N Lovely (Kenny Larkin Remix)
05. Ray 7 & Malik Alston - I.D.F.D.F.I.
06. Cristiano Balducci - Pride
07. Cute Heels - Silence Complot
08. Stephane Signore - Sacrifice (Radical G - 2k11 Edit)
09. Gesaffelstein - Aufstand
10. Scape One - Time Falls (Dynarec Remix)
11. Exzakt - Clarity (Lethal Agent Remix)
12. Sync 24 - We Rock Non-Stop (Heuristic Audio Remix)
13. Heliopause - Destination Planet Earth
14. Dez Williams - Foreign Object
15. Clatterbox - Coolicon
16. w1b0 - Alternate Sequence
17. Baz Reznik - The Attic
Fabric will release Fabric 60 in the UK on October 17, 2011.