- When thinking about warhorses in the dance industry, Tony Humphries is a name that springs to mind. From his first professional DJ gig in 1975 in Manhattan to his residency at Fabric, he is a legend in the DJ circuit. His production career is just as impressive, with remixes for Janet Jackson amongst others. His latest mix is also another chapter in the ever-impressive Fabric series.
This mix is a little different to previous efforts from the likes of Richards and Marsh. It’s a mix with great variety. Mostly consisting of the trademark soulful Humphries sound with records such as Partial Arts “Canopy” and Yukihiro’s “Playback”. There are the techier moments on there as well with Floppy Sounds excellent “Late Night”. Some classic vocal house numbers come in the shape of "How Does It Feel?" by Househeadz and Soldiers of Twilight's "Believe". “Sunshine Yellow” by Bertrand Burgalat adds a more twisted element later on in the mix with it’s quirky beats and sampled vocals. The mix then ends with some soulful house in the shape of “Kingsburg” by Projections and “Zoology” by Jazztronik.
The result? A very laid back mix for those lazy Sunday afternoons. Well constructed with a vibrant track selection, fans of Tony Humphries will not be disappointed.
1. Lovebirds feat. Marie Tweek - Lovebirds
2. DJ Fudge - Tafina
3. Partial Arts - Canopy
4. Yukihiro Fukytomi feat. Liane Carroll - Playback
5. Ad Finem - If You Fall
6. Soldiers of Twilight - Drive On
7. Floppy Sounds - Late Night
8. Dub Taylor - I Can't (You Know)
9. Mimmo M feat. Sandy - I Miss You
10. Househeadz presents Jacque - How Does It Feel
11. Soldiers Of Twilight - Believe
12. Bertrand Burgulat - Sunshine Yellow
13. Projections - Kingsburg
14. Jazztronik - Zoology