- Subtitled The Voodoo Sessions compiled and mixed by Lamb's Andy Barlow, this addition to the Back To Mine series from DMC is a melodic down tempo journey synonymous with the Lamb sound. The follow up release of Best Kept Secrets - Best of 96-04 Lamb delivers again turning out a nice addition to their extensive CD collection. Proving themselves once more with their ability to keep the soul driven sound alive and the atmosphere for a smokers delight.
Martina Topley-Bird's - Intro eases in on old style track sounding like its taken straight from an old 45, with a feel from the OLE' "cotton pikin" era, or working on the railroad with some humming smoothly flowing throughout the track. An eerie melody African Headcharge - Dinosaur's Lament rides along with sitar and slow snare hits with a middle eastern tip running along side a reggae dope beat. With an improvised feel Dr. John - I Walk On Guilded Splinters conjures up a messy kind of track with the back up singers distanced away from the mic giving off that "live" performance feel.
A slow solid beat Nina Simone - See-Line Woman (Masters At Work Remix) this version really spins out a nice tune, Trademark flute accompanied by Nina's voice standing out above the production. Crazy Indian tunes mixed up with percussion and bass, Omar Faruk Tekbilek - Shashkin is dark and jungle like with heavy bass and snake charmers in the background. Hailing from the 'Brother Where Art Thou' soundtrack. Chris Thomas King - Hard Time Killing Floor Blues reminds you of the great outdoors sitting round the camp fire, King's voice is smooth as it is soul, makes for a wonderful track towards the end of the CD.
Turning out new artist and material on a regular basis is no easy feet but with the release of Lamb's - The Voodoo Sessions, DMC busts out another classy addition to the Back to Mine series.
1. Martina Topley-Bird - Intro
2. African Headcharge - Dionosaur's Lament
3. Dr. John - I Walk On Guilded Splinters
4. Nina Simone - See-Line Woman (MAW Remix)
5. Melaaz - Non Non Non
6. Nitin Sawhney - Prophesy
7. Hipoptimist - Sacred Space
8. Omar Faruk Tekbilek - Shashkin (Hefner Remix)
9. Drome - Hoax (What Did You Got?)
10.Chris Thomas King - Hard Time Killing Floor Blues
11.The Bug vs. The Rootsman feat. He Man - Killer
12.Nabintou Diakite - Nabintou Diakite