PublishedWed, 16 Jul 2008, 03:00
- The duo promise a more "electronic and experimental" entry into the famed mix series.
Âme, the duo behind mega-hit 'Rej', will mix the next edition in the Fabric series.
Kristian Beyer and Frank Wiedemann started their musical career on Sonar Kollektiv, encouraged by Dixon, who signed their debut EP to the label. The label's free-thinking approach is apparent in the tracklisting for Fabric 42, which takes in a monologue from New York outsider artist Moondog, the ultra acidic sounds of Armando's 'Don't Take It' and the deep house of the duo's newest single on Innervisions (produced in collaboration with Dixon and Henrik Schwarz). Beyer and Wiedemann describe the release "a bit more electronic and experimental than some people may expect." Judging by its tracklisting in comparison to the duo's previous mix CD, Mixing, we wholeheartedly agree.
01. Linkwood – Hear The Sun
02. Even Tuell – Untitled B1
03. Minilogue & KAB - That’s A Nice Way To Give Me Feedback
[Wighnomy Brothers Quintenzirkel Remikks]
04. Jens Zimmerman – Moddodblubbblub
xx. Moondog - Moondog Monologue
05. Mixworks – Berlin Dub
06. Armando – Don’t Take It [Thomos Edit]
07. STL – Something Is Raw
08. Edward Ft. Justus– Raw Structure
xx. Those Guys Ft Ras Baraka – An American Poem
09. 76-79 – Six Ten
10. Henrik Schwartz/Âme/Dixon – D.P.O.M.B [Version 1]
11. Matthew Styles – We Said Nothing
12. KB Project – The Symphony
13. Gowentgone - M.A.M. (Marcel Dettmann Remix)
xx. Broken Compass – Australiapella 2
14. LFO vs Fuse – Loop [Fuse Mix] – Plus 8
Fabric 42 will be released by Fabric on September 15, 2008 in the UK and will make its way to the US in October.