- Moebius Strips, which includes original music by the late artist as well as reinterpretations from Sarah Davachi, Geoff Barrow and Mark Mothersbaugh, will also be released as an album.
Dieter Moebius, the Swiss-German musician who played in influential krautrock bands Cluster and Harmonia, is being celebrated in a new audio exhibition.
Moebius Strips incorporates thousands of samples, noises, loops and other recordings by the experimental artist that have been reimagined in "patterned strips." The project also features reintperetations of Moebius' music by the likes of Sarah Davachi , Portishead’s Geoff Barrow, Jean-Benoit Dunckel of Air, Devo's Mark Mothersbaugh, Yuri Suzuki and Cluster's Hans-Joachim Roedelius. Put together by Grammy-nominated composer Tim Story and Moebius' widow, Irene Story, the installation is meant to be displayed at public spaces such as museums, galleries and festivals.
The audio of Moebius Strips will also be released as an album via Curious Music. A CD edition is expected in October this year while a vinyl release is slated for 2022. Visit Curious Music's website for more information.
Listen to a teaser of the work.
01. Elbow 1
02. Riff 2G with Tim Story
03. Strip 11 with Mark Mothersbaugh
04. Elbow 6
05. Strip 30 with Michael Rother
06. Strip 31 with Eve Maret
07. Elbow 3a
08. Strip 7a with Yuri Suzuki
09. Segment X with Phew
10. Elbow 9b
11. Segment A with Geoff Barrow
12. Strip 32 with Jean-Benoît Dunckel
13. Roomtone Elbow
14. Segment U with Sarah Davachi
15. Strip 2 with Hans-Joachim Roedelius
16. Hoppe Hoppe Reiter
Curious Music will release Moebius Strips in October 2021.