- A music video for Yu Su's contribution to Phantom Rhythm Remixed 幽靈節奏 is out now.
Yu Su, Knopha, Howie Lee and other producers who are connected to China's electronic scene are featured on a new compilation.
The ten tracks on Phantom Rhythm Remixed 幽靈節奏 are reinterpretations of Phantom Rhythm 幽靈節奏, the debut LP from Beijing-based duo Gong Gong Gong. The Beijing band (pictured here with Yu Su) combined boogie, psychedelic rock and blues on their 2019 full-length. For the forthcoming remix album, they sought to unite producers from the global Chinese underground, according to the press release.
Drawing on ambient, experimental, breakbeats and other four-to-the-floor sounds, the compilation is due on June 25th via New York’s Wharf Cat Records and Beijing’s bié Records. Phantom Rhythm Remixed 幽靈節奏 also includes contributions from Beijing producer Zaliva-D, Chengdu-based Wu Zhuoling and Danish-Chinese artist Angel Wei, in addition to Taiwanese acts Scattered Purgatory and Mong Tong.
Watch a music video for Yu Su’s remix of "Some Kind of Demon 某一種惡魔" featuring footage of Gong Gong Gong’s 2018 China tour. Commenting on the video in a press statement, the duo said they wanted to give audiences a glimpse of what touring in China looks like at a time when travel isn't possible.
01. Ride Your Horse 騎你的馬 (P.E. Remix)
02. Inner Reaches III 慾望的暗角三 (Zaliva-D Remix)
03. Notes Underground 地下日記 (Mong Tong Remix)
04. Moonshadows 月後殘影 (Simon Frank Remix)
05. The Last Note 最後的音符 (Angel Wei Remix)
06. Sound of Love 愛歌 (Knopha Remix)
07. Gong Gong Gong Blues 工工工布魯斯 (Howie Lee Remix)
08. Some Kind of Demon 某一種惡魔 (Yu Su Remix)
09. Hotpot (Chongqing) 火鍋（重慶) (Scattered Purgatory
10. Wei Wei Wei 喂喂喂 (Wu Zhuoling Remix)
Wharf Cat Records and bié Records will release Phantom Rhythm Remixed 幽靈節奏 on June 25th, 2021.