PublishedThu, 3 Sep 2020, 13:30
- "Business & Culture" is the latest result of Reform Radio's initiative that connects experienced artists with upcoming talent.
Swing Ting have released a new track with PERiiSU called "Business & Culture."
The track is the third in a series of collaborations facilitated by Co-Lab Theory, an initiative started by Manchester station Reform Radio that links up established industry names with emerging musical talent and visual artists. Samrai and Platt, the duo behind Manchester's Swing Ting, were paired with local producer and vocalist PERiiSU as part of the project, resulting in the new single.
"I gained some real insight into how different producers like to create and how not to be afraid to step out of your comfort zone sonically," PERiiSU says. Speaking on his experience of the process, Platt says, "When we were first introduced to each other's music, PERiiSU's sound design was something that really stuck out to me. It was great to get a glimpse into her process, and I'm really happy that we were able to channel that talent into a club-ready piece of music."
A total of seven audiovisual works from the Co-Lab Theory projects are set to be released as a collection via the station's Rhythm Lab Records label on October 1st. Mr. Scruff and Werkha are also among the acts providing a mentoring role. A video for "Business & Culture" is due out next week.
Listen to a fresh guest mix from PERiiSU that aired on Swing Ting's NTS show here.
Listen to "Business & Culture," and check out the full compilation on Bandcamp.
01. Indigo & Lovescene - Uneasy
02. Anamelia & Kill Miami - Stop Stallin'
03. Rhodri Parry & Werkha - Flatcap
04. PERiiSU & Swing Ting - Business & Culture
05. IORA & Architects of Rosslyn - Nobody's Listening
06. Superlative & Mr Scruff - Read All About It
07. Josh Matthews & Malik Al Nasir - The Street
"Business & Culture" is out today on Rhythm Lab Records, with the compilation to come on October 1st, 2020.