- The revered UK label, which has laid dormant since 2014, also has several parties planned for the coming months.
Respected UK tech house label Wiggle is relaunching in celebration of its 25th anniversary.
The outlet, which has laid dormant since 2014, is putting out an 18-track compilation of new music by various artists who have played Wiggle parties over the years, including Jay Tripwire, D'Julz, Dexter and Silverlining. Label founders Terry Francis, Eddie Richards and Nathan Coles (in collaboration with David Coker) have also each contributed a track. Wiggle For 25 Years will be available digitally from May 31st. A four-track sampler EP will come out on vinyl on the same day.
In addition, Wiggle will be hosting a handful of dates in the UK and Europe in 2019, with shows confirmed in London, Brighton and Alfresco Festival. More are still TBA.
Before it was a label, Wiggle was a popular party in London, hosting DJs like Richie Hawtin, Layo & Buschwacka! and Mr. G. The label, which released its first record in 1996, was instrumental in the rise of the UK tech house sound.
Wiggle For 25 Years
01. Tigerskin - Heathrow Circle
02. Dachshund - Take
03. Gideon Jackson - Destination Rise
04. Ollie Drummond - Bats In The Cave
05. Joseph Joyce - Sunday Evening Doodle
06. Corrie - Hidden Reaction
07. Jay Tripwire - Zero Mustard
08. Pure Science - I Wanna Do Something
09. Terry Francis - Get Over Yourself
10. Daniel Poli - Funny Valentine dub
11. D'julz - Random 9
12. Dexter - Fantasia
13. Mihai Popoviciu - Flexing Muscles
14. Dub Taylor - T2
15. Marco Resmann - Lost
16. Nathan Coles, David Coker - Brain Fried
17. Eddie Richards - Othersound
18. Silverlining - Industry feat. Natamiq
01. Daniel Poli - Funny Valentine dub
02. Dub Taylor - T2
03. Corrie - Hidden Reaction
04. Mihai Popoviciu - Flexing Muscles
Wiggle will release Wiggle For 25 Years on May 31st, 2019.
Photo credit: Peter Ashworth