- Due out next month, the Boston duo present an up-to-date homage to their local scene.
Soul Clap will release Dancing On The Charles Volume 2 through their own Soul Clap Records in May.
The first edition hit the shelves roughly 12 months ago, showcasing tracks exclusively from Boston talent young (John Barrera) and old (DJ Kon). Next month's follow-up will toe much the same line, presenting 13 cuts from both up-and-coming acts and more established artists. Reflecting Soul Clap's diverse tastes, the compilation brings together several styles, from the mellow deep house of Tamer Malki and Caserta to the full-frontal disco of Serge Gamesbourg. Soul Clap themselves put in an appearance, teaming up with Bosq on jittery funk number "Higher." The release takes its name from Soul Clap's celebrated riverside parties, run out of their hometown since 2008.
01. Nightriders - Secrets
02. Caserta - Heaven
03. Tuck Diggz - Fantasies feat. Mystery Roar
04. The Sheffield Boys - The Best Coast
05. Juice Belushi - How Do You See?
06. Bosq & Soul Clap - Higher
07. Brenden Wesley - Ritual
08. Roldy Cezaire - Wish You Were My Girl
09. James Cook - Tempers Flare
10. Tamer Malki - Down The Blue
11. Peyote Purple - Per Lindstrain
12. DLux - Special Source
13. Serge Gamesbourg - Gotta Keep Searching
Soul Clap Records will release Dancing On The Charles Volume 2 on May 26th, 2014.