- The UK DJ's near-mythical mix from 2001 is getting a limited edition repress.
DJ Harvey is reissuing his lauded Sarcastic Study Masters mix from back in 2001.
Originally made as a tie-in with LA's Sarcastic Clothing, the original mix was given away in an oversized sleeve as part of a Japanese promotional campaign, with a few other copies distributed here and there as well. Sarcastic Study Masters Volume 2, recorded entirely from Harvey's vinyl collection, turned out to be a landmark moment for the pioneering UK DJ, in his website's own words introducing "a generation to the wonders of mid-tempo European music including sleaze, balearic, afro, and ultimately cosmic disco" across 23 tracks.
The CD is available for purchase at Harvey's BigCartel page and this time comes in a simple CD wallet, with supplies limited.
01. I Saw You... Walking In The Rain
02. Church Boyz
03. This Song Changed My Life
04. Electric Lotus
05. Flying Ping-Pong
06. Desperate But Not Serious
08. Baleric Frogs
09. Don't You Know, Don't You Know I Did It?
10. Sexy Woman Singing On The Beach
11. What's That One Again, Harv?
12. Chadski's Jam
13. Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls
14. Relax Don't Do It
16. Chicken McNugget Hideout
17. Tim D-O-Double G
19. Cafe De Bassett
20. Big Frizz
21. Poz Two
22. Deep Penetration
23. Eternal Vegan Crystals
DJ Harvey reissued Sarcastic Study Masters Vol. 2 on November 4th, 2013.