- The Tectonic boss will release a compilation of original tracks and remixes put out by labels other than his own this October.
This November, Tectonic Recordings will release MIA 2006-2010, a collection of originals and remixes label head Pinch put out through other imprints.
Active since 2005, dubstep luminary Pinch (born Robert Ellis) has long been tied to Tectonic, the label he started that same year in his home city of Bristol. Naturally, Tectonic has been the most common outlet for his productions, but he's also appeared on likeminded imprints like Punch Drunk, Deep Medi Musik, Swamp81 and Planet Mu, and has done remixes for artists as diverse as Simian Mobile Disco and Shed. It's those off-label cuts Pinch brings back into the fold on the chronologically sequenced MIA, which seeks to cap, as the press release puts it, "a first chapter in Pinch's production career." The collection also features, as a hidden track on the CD and a bundle-only inclusion in the digital release, Pinch's never-before-released first foray into dubstep production, "Deserted Island."
01. Pinch - Qawwali VIP
02. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & Ghaudi - Dil Da Rog Muka Ja Mali (Pinch Remix)
03. Pinch - Chamber Dub
04. Pinch - Cave dream
05. Pinch - 136 Trek
06. 30Hz - Mutate(d) (Pinch Re-work)
07. Pinch - E.motive
08. Pinch - Motion Sickness
09. Pinch - Attack Of The Giant Killer Robot Spiders
10. Henry & Louis feat. Steve Harper - Rise Up (Pinch Remix)
11. Pinch - Elements
12. Emika - Double Edge (Pinch Remix)
--. Pinch - Deserted Island
Tectonic Recordings will release MIA 2006-2010 on November 19th, 2012.