My Cousin Roy's disco label is ready to release its first compilation.
The Wurst Music Co will release its first compilation next month, fittingly entitled The Wurst Music Ever.
Wurst is the brainchild of Roy Dank, a New York disco fanatic who makes music as My Cousin Roy. Dank launched the label in 2006 as a platform for edits of old disco tracks (then called Wurst Edits) and put out a handful of records by artists like Runaway and Eamon Harkin of Mister Saturday Night. After a few years he decided to re-launch the label with a different goal: to release all new and original material. The Wurst Music Ever showcases some artists that have appeared on the label since then—namely Great Weekend, Native Underground and Ulysses, a member of Neurotic Drum Band—but mostly focuses on newcomers, such as Pink Stallone, soho808 and Tiago.
01. Native Underground - Push 4 Love (Midnight Magic Cover)
02. Pink Stallone - Help Yourself
03. soho808 - Reach feat. Safiyah
04. Name In Lights - Ur Oskunni
05. Tiago - Peanuts Not Working (I Am The Automan Version)
06. Miracles Club - I Can't Help It
07. Nick Chacona & Anthony Mansfield - Tase The Wizard
08. Great Weekend - That's The Thing (To Do)
09. Chicago Damn - Romcom
10. Ulysses - Soular Power
The Wurst Music Co. will release The Wurst Music Ever on October 7th, 2011.