- The socially conscious compilation features new music from Glitterbug, Gold Panda and Brandt Brauer Frick.
This September, c.sides will release an avant-garde compilation called Audible Approaches to a Better Place.
As its title suggests, the double-CD is a socially consciousness affair. c.sides call it "a personal reaction to the overwhelming global and local injustices, catastrophes and troubles" that "stems from a slightly naive, yet sincere belief that art, in its essence, can be a political act and path to changing the world."
The release follows a concert of the same name that took place in Berlin last May, and features nearly all of the same artists, including Brandt Brauer Frick, Gold Panda and c.sides co-founder Glitterbug. Everyone involved was encouraged to step outside his or her comfort zone a bit, experimenting with different instruments and shooting for something between 10 and 15 minutes in length. The final track, "The Figment Notebook" by Casper Clausien and Mads Bruaer, will be accompanied by a short film that will appear on the compilation's official site closer to the release date.
01. Glitterbug feat. Enas Massalha – The Sky Fell Silent
02. Eliad Wagner – Exile
03. Christian Löffler – Cast
04. Khan – Sahane
05. Gold Panda – Air
01. Brandt Brauer Frick – Schwan
02. John Kameel Farah – Mountain Hymn
03. Jasmina Maschina – Romantic Rebellion
04. Glitterbug Featuring Enas Massalha – The Sky Fell Silent (Vocal Edit)
05. Mads Brauer & Casper Clausen – The Figment Notebook
c.sides will release Audible Approaches for a Better Place on September 12th, 2011.