PublishedFri, Dec 10, 2010, 14:40
- The French minimal and house DJ is next in line for Rex Club's new mix series.
French DJ and producer Jennifer Cardini has been tapped for the next Rexperience mix, due for release in February.
Rexperience is a compilation series by the Parisian nightspot Rex Club, which just kicked off earlier this year with a mix from longtime resident D'Julz. Cardini has been a regular at Rex Club for years as well, beginning in 1998 when she landed a residency at their monthly Automatik parties. Since then she's become a central figure in Paris's underground club scene, spinning dark, minimal and house locally and around Europe.
Rexperience #02 shows her brightening up her palette a bit, bringing in rich and melodic cuts from Matthew Dear, Virgo and Superpitcher. But her usual sinister style creeps through with selections from experimental artists Ben Frost and ANBB (Alva Noto and Blixa Bargeld), which serve as her opening and closing tracks.
Between now and the mix's release date in February, Cardini will play a series of club dates in France and Germany. She starts out next Friday in Lyon, and will hit Zurich, Brest, Paris and Berlin by the end of next month.
01. Ben Frost - O God Protect Me
02. John Roberts - Pruned
03. Superpitcher - Give Me My Heart Back
04. Etienne Jaumet - Entropy
05. Matthew Dear - Little People (Black City)
06. Remote - Scinax
07. Rebolledo & Daniel Maloso - Venganza Y Seducción
08. TJ Kong & Nuno Dos Santos - Where Were You feat. Robert Owens
09. Oscar G. - Chunky Buddah
10. Broker/Dealer - Soft Sell
11. Roman IV - Lucy
12. Ian Simmonds - The Esel (Dave Aju Remix)
13. Virgo - Take Me Higher
14. I:Cube - Operation Hypnosis
15. Matias Aguayo - I Was In Love feat. Aza Zander
16. Pom Pom – Pom Pom 16
17. Jacob Korn - Mirrorflip
18. Alva Noto & Blixa Bargeld – One
Rex Club will release Rexperience #02 in February 2011.