PublishedFri, 15 Oct 2010, 11:48
- The collection shows a lesser-known side of Gui Boratto, Popof, Extrawelt and others.
Cologne-based label Boxer Recordings is set to release Different, a two-disc compilation that shows electronic producers stepping out of their comfort zones.
Though the cast of contributors is uniformly house and techno, Different features a variety of styles ranging from left-field electronica to singer-songwriter rock. French artist Popof tones down his usually banging style on "h20," a somber ballad with vocals by Arno Joey. Gui Boratto delivers an atmospheric mid-tempo tune, while his past collaborator Martin Eyerer dabbles in broken-beat. Florian Meindl, typically a craftsmen of no-nonsense club bombs, kicks off the second disc with a breezy slow-jam called "You Are Where Your Thoughts Are." Probably the most surprising tune comes from Dusty Kid, who delivers a fully acoustic rendition of the track "Nemur" off his album A Raver's Diary. The collection will see release digitally and on CD at the beginning of next month.
01. Extrawelt - Yummy
02. Gui Boratto - Halflife
03. Kreidler - Venusia
04. Patrick Chardronnet - Seeing in the Dark
05. Goldfish & der Dulz - Grashalm
06. Airbus Modular - Assembly Notegram
07. Stephan Hinz - Dry Toast & Half a Grapefruit
08. Matzak feat. &iz - One More Day
09. Popof feat. Arno Joey - h2o
10. Van Rivers - Talking to Woman
01. Florian Meindl - You Are Where Your Thoughts Are
02. Paul Nazca - Rimbosolo
03. Fix & Fertig feat. Haito - Romon
04. Pig & Dan & Dean Demanuele - Day to day
05. Khan & Mahmoud - Mystery Blues
06. Frank Martiniq - Low and Order
07. Markus Lange - Existence
08. Dusty Kid - Nemur (walls of guitars acoustic)
09. Odyze - No Other Way
10. Rodriguez Jr - Ci
11. Martin Eyerer - Leon
Boxer Recordings will release Different on November 8th, 2010.