PublishedThu, 7 Oct 2010, 09:00
- DJ Nate and DJ Rashad feature on the first official Chicago footwork compilation.
UK bass label Planet Mu is set to release the first official collection of Chicago footwork music, entitled Bangs & Works Vol.1.
Footwork, for those unaware, is a style of high-tempo beats emanating from the Windy City. The music is made to accompany an extremely fast and competitive style of dancing, which according to a press release takes place primarily in "vacant warehouses, karate gyms and YouTube." The phenomenon was highly local to Chicago until this year, when Planet Mu began putting out records by some of footwork's key artists, including DJ Nate's debut album Da Trak Genius. Bangs & Works Vol.1 showcases more of the genre's key artists, including DJ Rashad, The Pope and RP Boo, whose late '90s track "Baby Come On" was allegedly the first footwork tune. The compilation will see release this winter as a triple-vinyl set, as well digitally and on CD.
01. DJ Elmoe - Whea Yo Ghost At, Whea Yo Dead Man
02. DJ Rashad - Teknitian
03. Tha Pope - Jungle Juke
04. DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
05. DJ Roc - Fuck Dat
06. RP Boo - Total Darkness
07. DJ Spinn - 2020
08. Tha Pope - All The Things
09. DJ Killa E - Star Wars
10. DJ Roc - One Blood
11. RP Boo - Eraser
12. DJ Lil Rome & DJ Yung Tellem - Kill Da Circle Play
13. DJ Trouble - Bangs & Works
14. DJ Trouble - Fuck Um Up Jus Basics
15. DJ Elmoe - Yo Shit Fucked Up
16. DJ Yung Tellem - Freddy Vs Jason
17. DJ Trouble - Mosh Pit
18. Traxman - Compute Funk
19. DJ Lil Rome - I Go Hard
20. DJ Diamond - Ready Mother Fucka
21. DJ Diamond - Freakazoid
22. DJ Nate - Ima Dog
23. DJ Clent - I Love You
24. DJ Nate - He Ain’t Bout It
25. Traxman - The Comeback
Planet Mu will release Bangs & Works Vol.1 on December 6th, 2010.