- Touching remixes from a unique house music artist.
- Pépé Bradock is one of house music's most widely loved artists, but unlike kindred spirits like Matthew Herbert and DJ Koze, his profile doesn't seem to extend beyond underground house circles. It's easy to see why that's the case. Bradock despises publicity, avoiding everything (interviews, social media) that comes with self-promotion. This remix EP for Ninja Tune might be the most widely distributed record Bradock has released, which might win him some new fans.
Two of these remixes for The Cinematic Orchestra are among Bradock's most conventional tracks. There are shades of DJ Koze's ghostly remix of Herbert's "It's Only" in Bradock's "Wobbly Mix" of "Wait For Now," which also unfurls a smooth vocal over a simmering deep house instrumental. But where Koze channeled melancholy, Bradock's remix is full of hope, conveyed through the sustained strings and Tawiah's soaring vocal. While the kick drum on the "Dubious Mix" disintegrates, this version is better suited for club play—just not at peak-time. Pépé Bradock loves to get weird, but these remixes prove that he can make touching house music on par with electronic music's most gifted producers.
01. Wait For Now feat. Tawiah (Pépé Bradock’s Wobbly Mix)
02. Wait For Now feat. Tawiah (Pépé Bradock’s Dubious Mix)
03. Wait For Now feat. Tawiah (Pépé Bradock’s Just A Word To Say Mix)