- The latest instalment in Moxie's on-point compilation series.
- Moxie, a longtime NTS presenter, has become a key voice in modern house, disco and techno. Previous Moxie Presents compilations have included contributions by Lord Tusk, Matthew Herbert and Throwing Shade, while Moxie's On Loop parties in London have paired locals, such as Rhythm Section's Bradley Zero, with an international names like the US's Byron The Aquarius.
Byron The Aquarius opens Volume Four with the jazz-informed house that landed him a collaboration with Flying Lotus in 2008. His "Truth is What U See (Dreams)" sets the tone for the rest of the EP with escapist harmonies and groovy percussion. Lady Blacktronika presents her old-school Chicago and Detroit house influences in "4 The Pain," while Steve Spacek's "Gimme Da Love" bounces on a brass instrument patch and funky bassline Shared styles and ideas are woven throughout the EP, which includes the more trippy ambient motion of DJ Python's "Quito" and Louise Chen's hard and repetitive "Reach (Raw Mix)." There are also similarities between the ambient atmosphere of Byron The Aquarius's track and Violet's "Antifa Beats." One tune's rippling atmospherics matches the glowing pads of the next, all part of a seamless journey from track to track.
01. Byron The Aquarius - Truth Is What U See (Dreams)
02. Nathan Micay - Basic Plumbing
03. Lady Blacktronika - 4 The Pain
04. Violet - Antifa Beats
05. Steve Spacek - Gimme Da Love
06. DJ Python - Quito (Arsene Wenger Tribute Mix)
07. Louise Chen - Reach (Raw Mix)
08. Steve Spacek - Gimme Da Love (The Maghreban Remix)