- Even on Minilogue's minimal epics, their use of repetition rarely devolves into the mundane. The original Cycles EP was two tracks—hissing 31- and 18-minute journeys. Of these remixes, Rrose's version of "Clouds And Water" is the standout, supplying the ricocheting pulse and volcanic synths that have made his recent output so vertiginous. In his first appearance of 2013, Donato Dozzy builds to a pleasing ethereality on "When Sadness Releases, Joy Arises," but the result is surprisingly one-dimensional for a producer usually so adept at hypnotism. Pär Grindvik and Dustin Zahn burn rubber on their floor-oriented mix, with leaden bass reveling in its role as a battering center, while Jesper Dählback continues with the same sort of gloomy functionality, dropping a dose of stickiness into the persistent tech house chug.
01. Clouds And Water (Rrose Remix)
02. When Sadness Releases, Joy Arises (Donato Dozzy Remix)
03. When Sadness Releases, Joy Arises (Grindvik & Zahn Remix)
04. Clouds And Water (Jesper Dahlback Cloudy Dub Remix)