PUSH IT HISTORY
In 2005, Dj Prinz & Maurits Vermeer (ID&T), started their brand new “Push It” concept in Café d’Anvers. Why Push It? Well, it was very clear nightlife in Antwerp needed something new, and Belgian deejays needed some visibility and respect. At that time, the major parties in Belgium forgot our local heroes, and big international names got the main performance hours and promotion and that had to change! With our energy, perseverance, fresh ideas, funny themes, beautiful decoration and major promo-campaigns, our “Push It” concept was born!
Some highlights & themes in 2005 & 2006: (You probably remember these ones, because they made Push It to what it is today.)
- “De 6 van Antwerpen” with Koenie, Smos & Baby B, Dj Prinz, Raphael, Nikolai, Pirrès
- “Back to Basics” with Marco (La Rocca), Trish Van Eynde (Kozzmozz, Fuse), DJ Prinz
- “The Acid Edition” with Cj Bolland (R&S Records), Ed & Kim (Stu Bru), DJ Prinz
- “The Techno Edition” with Marco Bailey (MB Electronics), Tomaz (Stu Bru), …
Some highlights & themes in 2007, 2008 & 2009 : A slight change into the concept by bringing legendary deejays, using current topics into the concepts and cooporating with other Belgian concepts. Also touring with Push It to other cities and launching Push It Records in different clubs through whole Belgium and parts of Holland.
- “Derrick Carter for President” with the legendary Derrick Carter during the American Election period.
- “Derrick Carter, Yes I Can” with D. Carter when Obama was elected.
- “The Detroit Edition” with the legendary Stacey Pullen, one of the forefathers of Detroit Techno.
- “The Japan Edition” with living legend Ken Ishii, one of the forefathers of Japanese Techno.
- “Josh Wink Album Tour” with legend Josh Wink, one of the forfathers of Acid Techno.
- “Minimal Belgique” with Darko (Static Dancin’), Pierre (Fuse, Lessizmore), Spacid (Kozzmozz), Prinz – Minimal music brought by the best Belgian DJs.
- “Bomb O Matic” with Neil Landstrumm (Scandinavian Techno Legend), RafDBXL (Bomb O Matic), Paul Chambers (Bomb O Matic, Gigolo Records, Soulwax) and Prinz. A cooporation with a Belgian quality techno concept
- “Plastik” with Labsap (The ‘Justice’from Asia), Keatch (Boys Noize Records), Beens, The Oddword, Beatbouncers and Prinz. A cooporation with a Belgian quality electro concept.
- “The Love Generation” – Toni Rios (Cocoon Club, Germany), Raoul Belmans “Arome Records, Belgium), Deejames & Jensen and Prinz. Push It visiting club H2O.
- “Ibiza vs Florida” – Cesar de Melero (Amnesia, Ibiza), Late Night Society (Tight Rec, Tango, Florida). Push It visiting club H2O.
- “DJ Battles” – The Ghent Heavyweight Championship & The Benelux Heavyweight Championship – 8 Deejays fighting against each other and pulling their best records out of their sleeves. Push It visiting Make Up Club (Ghent) & Studio 80 (Amsterdam)
- Push It Records Label Tour – touring with artists on Push It Records in clubs like: Café d’Anvers, Krush Club, Make Up Club, Studio 80 (Amsterdam), H2O Club, etc…
It’s clear Push It has been growing in the past 4 years and is now a statement in Antwerp Nightlife. It even realised successful editions outside the borders of Antwerp, bringing partypeople & musicfans together. People know that Push It stands for quality music, high energetic positive vibes and the gathering of happy people. The right ingredients to spend a great night.