PublishedTue, 4 Nov 2008, 13:15
- The final nail is put in the proverbial coffin as the label is put to rest with another double disc set.
Shackleton and Appleblim will say goodbye to Skull Disco later this month.
In their short lifespan of just three years, Shackleton and Appleblim have both become darlings of both the dubstep and techno scenes, but it's finally time for the Skull Disco label to wrap things up with a double disc set that compiles all of the latest releases in digital form.
The compilation, entitled Soundboy's Gravestone Gets Desecrated By Vandals, rounds up all of the tracks that have previously been unreleased on CD, as well as some remixes that are exclusive to the CD set. Vinyl fans should keep a look out though, as Appleblim has mentioned to RA before that some of the remixes may be made available as white labels at a later date. Shackleton and Appleblim have previously hinted that the label would not go on forever, and there was talk around the time of SKULL003 that the label would finish shortly after that. Increased sales meant that the label went on for a bit longer than was originally planned, but they have now decided that enough is enough. "We want to leave on a high note you know," Appleblim told us earlier this year, "leave a body of work we can look back and say we are proud of. Ten releases feels right, we'll still work together in the future though for sure."
Whilst the first disc contains original material from Shack and 'blim (including his collaboration with fellow Bristol resident Peverelist), the second disc contains nine remixes, six of which have been previously unreleased. Geiom, DJ Rupture and Badawi take on tracks from Shackleton's recent Soundboy's Suicide Note EP, while Bass Clef and Brendan Moeller provide versions of tracks from the Appleblim & Peverelist 12-inch. The long awaited T++ remix of Appleblim's "Vansan" rounds off the package, which will be lovingly designed as usual by Shack's good friend, Zeke Clough.
01. Shackleton - The Rope Tightens
02. Appleblim & Peverelist - Circling
03. Shackleton - Death Is Not Final
04. Shackleton - You Bring Me Down
05. Appleblim & Peverelist - Over Here
06. Shackleton - In The Void
07. Shackleton - The Branch Is Weak
08. Shackleton - Shortwave
09. Appleblim - Vansan
01. Appleblim - Vansan (T++ Remix)
02. Shackleton - Shortwave (Pole Remix)
03. Shackleton - The Branch Is Weak (Geiom Remix)
04. Shackleton - In The Void (Rupture Remix)
05. Appleblim & Peverelist - Over Here (Brendon Moeller Remix)
06. Shackleton - You Bring Me Down (Peverelist Remix)
07. Shackleton - Death Is Not Final (T++ Remix)
08. Appleblim & Peverelist - Circling (Bass Clef Remix)
09. Shackleton - The Rope Tightens (Badawi Remix)
Skull Disco will release Soundboy's Gravestone Gets Desecrated By Vandals in mid-November.