PublishedTue, 3 Aug 2021, 11:26
- Out today, it features Laraaji, Lucrecia Dalt, Aho Ssan and Jaar himself.
Nicolás Jaar has released a compilation through his Other People label.
Entitled Caves – A Compilation Of Silences, each of the eight compositions opens and closes with music but has a timed section of silence in the middle, which is intended for everyday practical use. There are contributions from Laraaji, Lucrecia Dalt, Ana Quiroga, Sary Moussa, Will Epstein, Aho Ssan, Marzio Zorio and Jaar. The pay-what-you-want digital compilation is out today.
"I made the 20-minute timer initially for myself so that I didn't have to use my phone alarm when I meditated," says Jaar. "I imagine these could be used as timers for anything: cooking, running, taking a short nap, etc. I hope they're useful in these loud times."
All proceeds from the release will go to the Dongyu Gatsal Ling Nunnery, a space in India which "offers girls and young women... an opportunity to develop their academic and spiritual potential."
Caves – A Compilation Of Silences is the first release on Other People since Jaar and his DARKSIDE collaborator, Dave Harrington, released a live version of their album Psychic in November 2020.
Listen to Caves – A Compilation Of Silences.
01. Will Epstein - Fifteen Minute Cave
02. Nicolás Jaar - Twenty Minute Cave
03. Sary Moussa - Ten Minute Cave
04. Lucrecia Dalt - Seven Minute Cave
05. Marzio Zorio - Three Minute Cave
06. Aho Ssan - Thirteen Minute Cave
07. Ana Quiroga - Ten Minute Cave
08. Laraaji - Twenty Five Minute Cave
Caves – A Compilation Of Silences is out now.