PublishedMon, 2 Aug 2021, 11:38
- Police were called after 3AM on Saturday after a number of attendees became unwell.
One attendee of London club The Cause died and two were hospitalised last Saturday morning.
The BBC reports that the cause of the 21-year-old's death is currently "unexplained" although a drug overdose is suspected by police. He and two others were hospitalised after police arrived to the Tottenham location at 3:07AM. The two other men are in a stable condition.
Superintendent Simon Crick has urged "anyone who bought drugs in or around the nightclub to dispose of these substances as soon as possible." The news follows reports from Bristol Council warning of dangerously strong pills in circulation, leading to the death of one young person and the hospitalisation of several others.
Visit The Loop to learn about drug harm reduction, what to do in drug-related emergencies and strategies for staying safe. Sites like Drugs and Me, and Psychnonaut Wiki provide information on an extensive range of substances, while Roll Safe and Trip Safe offer education specific to MDMA and psychedelics, respectively.