- All proceeds from the release, due in September, will benefit a Venezuelan charity called Santa Cruz De Mara.
London-based producer ARA-U has put together a compilation of producers from his hometown of Maracaibo, Venezuela.
The Exiled features six artists who left Venezuela for economic and political reasons, including ARA-U himself. Arriving September 3rd via his label, No Static / Automatic, the eight-track album covers club sounds such as electro, acid and techno. All proceeds go to a Maracaibo-based charity, Santa Cruz De Mara, which supports elderly individuals who are struggling financially.
"I've seen all of these kids growing up ever since they used to come to our raves and they all started making electronic music," said ARA-U. "I'm really proud of all of them as they have developed musically in foreign countries in different music scenes after leaving Venezuela."
Listen to "Not Afraid" by Manao and Elektor.
01. ARA-U - The Exiled
02. Manao & Elektor - Not Afraid
03. Dagga - X’mon With The Real
04. ARA-U & Dagga - Bass Atomic
05. Confidential Recipe - Generator
06. ELO - Hung Up
07. Manao - Decode
08. Dagga - X'mon With The Real (Arrival Mix)
No Static / Automatic will release The Exiled on September 3rd, 2021.