- Sketches For World Of Echo: June 25 1984 Live At Ei is out on digital and cassette now.
Audika Records, the stewards of Arthur Russell's trove of recordings, have released a new live album from the late legend.
Sketches For World Of Echo: June 25 1984 Live At Ei captures a live set from Russell record at Phill Niblock's Experimental Intermedia Foundation in New York City. The 10-track live set captures Russell laying out a "sonic draft for World Of Echo, the only solo album he released before dying in this same city at age forty," says the label.
The recording features Russell experimenting with amplification on his 18th-century cello and singing, often wordlessly. It includes early versions of enduring Russell songs like "Let's Go Swimming," "Keeping Up" and "Losing My Taste For The Nightlife," as well as previously unheard pieces like "Sunlit Water."
Listen to Sketches For World Of Echo: June 25 1984 Live At Ei.
1. Changing Forest (Live 6/24/84)
2. Let's Go Swimming (Live 6/24/84)
3. They And Their Friends (Live 6/24/84)
4. Keeping Up (Live 6/24/84)
5. Make 1, 2 (Live 6/24/84)
6. I Take This Time (Live 6/24/84)
7. Losing My Taste For The Nightlife (Live 6/24/84)
8. I Can't Hide (Live 6/24/84)
9. The Boy With A Smile On His Face (Live 6/24/84)
10. Sunlit Water (Live 6/24/84)
Sketches For World Of Echo: June 25 1984 Live At Ei is out now.