- The full-length remix version of Ludovic Navarre jazzy house landmark is out in January.
St Germain has announced the Tourist 20th Anniversary Travel Version, out on Warner in January.
The project started with an Atjazz remix of "Rose Rouge," the lead single off Tourist, the year 2000 LP that sold four million copies and brought Ludovic Navarre's sample-based, jazzy house sound to the masses. Navarre then asked a mix of esteemed artists to take on their favourite Tourist cuts, including Jovonn, DJ Deep, Osunlade, Nightmares On Wax and Ron Trent.
Notably, the remix album engages with the current South African dance sound, with a remix of "Sure Thing" from the duo Black Motion and an amapiano version from Navarre himself.
RA's Andrew Ryce did a deep dive on Tourist as part of our Discogs-powered Rewind series.
Listen to the Atjazz and Black Motion remixes.
01. Rose Rouge (Atjazz Galaxy Aart Remix)
02. Sure Thing (Osunlade Yoruba Soul Mix)
03. Rose Rouge (Terry Laird Nu Maloya Fusion Mix)
04. Rose Rouge (Ron Trent Jazzfunksuite For Musicandpower Remix)
05. So Flute (St Germain L. Navarre 2020 Amapiano Version)
06. Sure Thing (Black Motion Anniversary Mix)
07. Rose Rouge (Jovonn Oldskool '90s Remix)
08. Sure Thing (Jullian Gomes Remix)
09. Rose Rouge (Nightmares On Wax Rerub)
10. What You Think About (Traumer Re-Jammed Remix)
11. Sure Thing (DJ Deep Remix)
Warner will release Tourist 20th Anniversary Travel Version on January 29th, 2021.