- The new album from noise and techno artist Dominick Fernow is out on 20 Buck Spin in September.
Vatican Shadow will release a new album called Persian Pillars Of The Gasoline Era on 20 Buck Spin in September.
The long-running project from Dominick Fernow—known for his Prurient alias, his Hospital Productions label and affiliation with Berghain—centers around bleak soundscapes and heavy beats that thematically explore the network of power stemming from the War on Terror and America's involvement in the Middle East.
The six-track full-length follows Vatican Shadow's 2020 split with Salford Electronics and four 2019 releases, including the Berghain 09 mix. Persian Pillars Of The Gasoline Era focuses on the under-documented US involvement in the 1953 overthrow of Iran's democracy, "to the bedrock of violence that would later erupt post-Gulf War and suffocate the world economy in 2001 on USA shores," reads the press release.
Justin Broadrick—the heavy music luminary behind Godflesh, Jesu and JK Flesh—handled the mastering. It's Fernow's first record on the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania based metal and noise imprint 20 Buck Spin.
Read our in-depth profile on Dominick Fernow.
Watch the trailer for Persian Pillars Of The Gasoline Era.
01. Predawn Coup D'etat (Schwarzkopf Duffle Bags Of Rials)
02. Rehearsing For The Attack
03. Uncontrollable Oasis (Real Life Spy Mystery Ends With Scientist Hanged In Iran)
04. Taxi Journey Through The Teeming Slums Of Tehran
05. Moving Secret Money
06. Ayatollah Ferocity (The Refinery At Abadan)
20 Buck Spin will release Persian Pillars Of The Gasoline Era on September 18th, 2020.
Photo credit: Sven Marquardt