- The full-length, featuring contributions from Flying Lotus, Kamasi Washington and Steve Arrington, is due out April 3rd.
Thundercat is releasing a new album.
The LA artist, real name Stephen Bruner, will put out his sixth full-length on April 3rd via Brainfeeder. In 15 tracks, the album explores "love, loss, life and the ups and downs that come with that," Bruner says. "It’s a bit tongue-in-cheek, but at different points in life you come across places that you don’t necessarily understand… some things just aren’t meant to be understood." The feature-heavy album sees appearances from Steve Arrington, Childish Gambino, Kamasi Washington and Bruner's frequent collaborator, Flying Lotus.
Stephen Bruner is a neo-funk and R&B producer, known to frequently work with Flying Lotus. Bruner has released five albums on Lotus's Brainfeeder label, including 2017's Drunk and The Beyond / Where The Giants Roam in 2015.
Listen to "Black Qualls."
01. Lost In Space/Great Scott/22-26
02. Innerstellar Love
03. I Love Louis Cole feat. Louis Cole
04. Black Qualls feat. Steve Lacy, Steve Arrington and Childish Gambino
05. Miguel's Happy Dance
06. How Sway
07. Funny Thing
08. Overseas feat. Zack Fox
09. Dragonball Durag
10. How I Feel
11. King Of The Hill
12. Unrequited Love
13. Fair Chance feat. Ty Dolla $ign and Lil B
14. Existential Dread
15. It Is What It Is
Brainfeeder will release It Is What It Is on April 3rd, 2020.