- It features rare and unreleased material, live footage and a new remix from KiNK.
The Chemical Brothers are putting out a 20th anniversary edition of their third LP, Surrender, in November.
The deluxe versions of the set will come in three-CD and four-LP formats, each with a DVD, a book and prints. The CD version is the most comprehensive, and will feature the entire album remastered, along with five of the group's Secret Psychedelic remixes and a selection of rarities and unreleased tunes curated by The Chemical Brothers themselves.
The set includes two previously unreleased versions of the album's first single, "Hey Boy Hey Girl"—one a newly-discovered Secret Psychedelic remix and the other a new version from KiNK. The DVD features music videos as well as a concert film of their headlining performance at Glastonbury Festival 2000.
Surrender was released in June 1999 and found Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons at the peak of their popularity, exploring a more melodic sound influenced by '60s psychedelia. The LP features hit songs like "Hey Boy Hey Girl," "Let Forever Be" and "Out Of Control," and boasted guest appearances from Noel Gallagher, New Order's Bernard Sumner, Mazzy Star's Hope Sandoval and more.
Listen to KiNK's remix of "Hey Boy Hey Girl."
Disc 1 (Surrender)
02. Under The Influence
03. Out Of Control feat. Bernard Sumner
04. Orange Wedge
05. Let Forever Be feat. Noel Gallagher
06. The Sunshine Underground
07. Asleep From Day feat. Hope Sandoval
08. Got Glint?
09. Hey Boy Hey Girl
11. Dream On feat. Jonathan Donahue
Disc 2 (The Secret Psychedelic Mixes)
01. Hey Boy Hey Girl
02. Let Forever Be
03. Out Of Control (21 Minutes Of Madness Mix)
05. Dream On
Disc 3 (B-Sides & Remixes)
03. The Diamond Sky
04. Studio K
05. Power Move
07. Electronic Battle Weapon 4
08. Out Of Control (Sasha Club Mix)
09. Music:Response (Gentleman Thief Mix)
10. Music:Response (Futureshock Main Response)
11. Hey Boy Hey Girl (Soulwax Remix)
12. Hey Boy Hey Girl (KiNK Remix)
Universal will release Surrender 20th Anniversary Edition on November 22nd, 2019.