- Spectral 139 is the Ghostly sister label's first release of 2018.
Spectral Sound, the dance music-focused sister label of Ghostly International, has announced details of a new double-vinyl compilation, Spectral 139, that lands in September.
Spectral 139 will be the label's first release since Patricia's Several Shades Of The Same Color LP from last summer. The eight-track compilation features a rare late-'90s hardware jam from Vergel Evans' Nigil Caenaan alias, "January's End," which we're told was made with the inspiration the Toronto artist felt after catching a Jeff Mills set. Listen to that one below.
Otherwise the album brings together both Spectral Sound and Ghostly affiliates, as well as artists making their debut on the label. Old hands Tadd Mullinix (appearing as JTC to remix one of his X-Altera tracks) and D'Marc Cantu each contribute, along with Matrixxman, who collaborates with Riccardo Limiti. Gunnar Haslam, Minimal Violence, Russell E.L. Butler and the duo of Earth Trax and Newborn Jr. also pitch in, while artwork comes courtesy of Nina Hartmann.
01. Gunnar Haslam - Versione Antica
02. Minimal Violence - Travel By Night
03. Matrixxman & Riccardo Limiti - Inferno
04. Russell E.L. Butler - Run Away With My Heart
05. D'Marc Cantu - Regular People
06. Earth Trax x Newborn Jr. - Paradox
07. X-Altera - Entry (JTC's Sparkz Mahlecyul Remix)
08. Nigil Caenaan - January's End
Spectral Sound will release Spectral 139 on September 21st, 2018.
Photo credit: Maya Rossignac-Milon