PublishedTue, 17 Jul 2018, 09:44
- Benjamin Brunn, Retina.it and Mads E. Nielsen all feature on the label's first compilation since the Raster-Noton split last year.
A Frank Bretschneider-curated compilation is on the way via German experimental label Raster.
SICHTEN 1 is the first compilation for Raster since Raster-Noton's 2017 reorganisation back into two entities (the other being Carsten Nicolai's Noton). It inaugurates a series that has Olaf Bender's label "looking for more hidden, unknown, perhaps forgotten music," which will be presented on double-vinyl and digital formats with a text explaining each curator's approach.
Bretschneider, who founded the original Rastermusic imprint with Bender in 1996 (the label then merged with Noton a few years later to form Raster-Noton), enlisted six producers who are brand new to the label to contribute a few tracks each. Benjamin Brunn, Retina.it and Kvitnu affiliate Zavoloka are all involved, along with Mimicof (AKA Midori Hirano), Mads Emil Nielsen and Pierce Warnecke, who's released on Room40. The tracks range from "accessible" to "very abstract," according to the label.
Listen to Brunn's "Joy."
01. Zavoloka - Transmutatsia
02. Mimicof - Love Control feat. Hprizm
03. Benjamin Brunn - Joy
04. Retina.it - Horses
05. Mads E. Nielsen - Unfold
06. Mads E. Nielsen - Unt. Percussion Loop
07. Mimicof - Spark
08. Pierce Warnecke - Bogusstratagem
09. Mads E. Nielsen - Circles
10. Zavoloka - Inflame
11. Retina.it - Rodeo
12. Retina.it - Gauchos
13. Benjamin Brunn - Alloy
14. Pierce Warnecke - Shiftform
15. Pierce Warnecke - Hddxenoglossy
16. Mads E. Nielsen - Framework 12
17. Mimicof - Cycle
18. Benjamin Brunn - Coy
Raster will release SICHTEN 1 on September 21st, 2018.