- Produced With Love has three tracks featuring vocals from the late singer Diane Charlemagne.
Joey Negro's first album in more than 20 years, titled Produced With Love, is coming out in June.
The LP will see release on the UK disco head's own label, Z Records. It's only the second album from Joey Negro, real name Dave Lee, though he's overseen a huge number of compilations and remix albums. Produced With Love contains a fully orchestrated disco rework of Kraftwerk's "It's More Fun To Compute." It also features vocal contributions from disco and R&B originals like Melba Moore and Linda Clifford, as well as Diane Charlemagne, the UK singer who died in 2015.
"Unfortunately between starting and finishing the project the supremely talented Diane Charlemagne, the singer/songwriter who I co-wrote many songs with over last ten years, very sadly passed away," Lee says. "We had a great working relationship, which was both fun and honest. Most of my final collaborations with Diane, 'Overnight Sensation,' 'Prove That You're Feeling Me' and the partly re-written remake of 'Must Be The Music,' are on this album."
Listen to a 2014 RA Exchange with Joey Negro.
01. Prove That You're Feeling Me feat. Diane Charlemagne
02. Free Bass feat. Julian Crampton
03. Won't Let Go feat. Linda Clifford
04. Dancing Into The Stars feat. Horse Meat Disco and Angela Johnson
05. It's More Fun To Compute
06. Must Be The Music (The Original Disco Version) feat. Diane Charlemagne
07. Stomp Your Feet
08. Anyway feat. Melba Moore
09. Distorting Space Time
10. Overnight Sensation feat. Diane Charlemagne
11. I Realise feat. Sacha Williamson
Z Records will release Produced With Love on June 30th, 2017.