- Jointly produced tracks with Guti, Tiga, DJ Tennis, Luciano and more feature on the project's first volume, which arrives next month.
Martin Buttrich has revealed plans for a new collaborative project on his Rhythm Assault label, called Collaborator.
The Barcelona-based German producer has long been known for his studio partnerships—with the likes of Loco Dice (the two founded the popular Desolat imprint) and Timo Maas—as well as his own solo pursuits. His latest undertaking builds on the collaborative output of Rhythm Assault, which launched in late 2015 with "Synchronicity," a track he and Mathew Jonson made together. Since then, the label has led to Buttrich once again working with Dice and Maas while also teaming up with a few more scene stalwarts in Guti, DJ Tennis and Ramon Tapia.
All of that material is included on Collaborator Vol. 1, alongside previously unreleased joint cuts with Tiga, The Martinez Brothers, Luciano and Kelli Ali, Audiofly, Konrad Black and Buttrich's Better Lost Than Stupid cohorts Davide Squillace and Matthias Tanzmann. The 12-track set will get a digital release at the end of March; a version for vinyl is currently being considered.
Watch a video teaser.
Listen to Luciano and Ali's "Animal" remix.
01. DJ Tennis & Martin Buttrich - Perpetual
02. Ramon Tapia & Martin Buttrich - Evita
03. Timo Maas & Martin Buttrich - Nach Acht
04. Loco Dice & Martin Buttrich - Damn U Made It
05. Audiofly & Martin Buttrich - Messenger
06. Luciano, Kelli Ali & Martin Buttrich - Animal
07. The Martinez Brothers & Martin Buttrich - 9 Pound Hammer
08. Konrad Black & Martin Buttrich - Canyon
09. Davide Squillace, Matthias Tanzmann & Martin Buttrich - Persuade Me
10. Tiga & Martin Buttrich - Alpine Dub
11. Guti & Martin Buttrich - New Game
12. Matthew Jonson & Martin Buttrich - Synchronicity
Rhythm Assault will release Collaborator Vol. 1 on March 31st, 2017.