- The Lisbon label has collected reworks from DJ Nature and Recloose as well as exclusives from IVVVO and Barker & Baumecker.
Groovement will release a ten-year retrospective compilation, 10 Is Not Enough, soon.
Groovement has been holding it down in Portugal since 2004, functioning as a record label, promotion company, artist agency and editorial source seeking to connect local acts, such as Jorge Caiado and TNT Subhead, with more far-flung talent. Often times, this happens in the form of parties, remix work or original productions released through the label, and the ten-tracker reflects the esteemed international talent Groovement has managed to bring in.
A Mixed Moods remix of Toronto producer Moonstarr opens things up. That track originally dropped in 2004. Elsewhere, Detroit dude Recloose and New York deep house producer DJ Nature have archival reworks featured. Nu Disco royalty Thomas Bullock and The Backwoods also appear, and the Lisbon label has wrangled previously unheard mixes from Ostgut Ton staple Barker & Baumecker and Portugese producer IVVVO.
RA has an exclusive stream of the entire collection below.
01. Moonstarr - Don't Sweat It (Mixed Moods Remix)
02. SK Radicals - Is This Love For Real? (Recloose Remix)
03. Johnwaynes - Falling Leaves (Social Disco Club remix)
04. Kaspar - Whatchadoo (DJ Nature Remix)
05. Vahagn - Trust (The Backwoods remix)
06. TNT Subhead - Ecstasy & Release (Tom Of England Remix)
07. Hélder Russo - More (Niko Marks Remix)
08. Sai - Virtual Region (Jorge Caiado Remix)
09. Hélder Russo - J Lack Track Man (Barker & Baumecker Remix)
10. Jorge Caiado - Liberty Street (IVVVO remix)
Groovement will release 10 Is Not Enough in September 2015.