- Released in May, the 24-track mix from the East London duo features cuts from Four Tet, JME and Kelela.
Elijah & Skilliam are at the helm of Fabriclive 75, set for release in May.
The East London grime duo have long-been at the forefront of the capital's grime scene, pushing a rich, avant-garde take on the sound via their weekly Rinse FM show and record label, Butterz. While their club sets have been known to be raucous affairs, their entry into the fabric vaults explores more varied pastures, unrestricted by grime's classic template.
The mix is peppered with exclusive studio collaborations and VIP edits. In what the press release describes as the "grime fan’s equivalent of spending a couple of hundred on a rare record," Newham Generals MCs Footsie and D Double E both contribute never-before-heard versions, while Kelela, JME, Darq E Freaker, Wiley and Four Tet, who teams up with Terror Danjah, also feature. Fabriclive 75 is the duo's second commercial mix—in 2011 they mixed Rinse 17, reviewed here by Andrew Ryce.
01. Royal-T - Intro
02. Four Tet & Terror Danjah - Killer
03. Terror Danjah & Champion - Stone Island
04. Flava D - Hold On VIP 3
05. Lil Silva - Venture
06. D Double E - Sickman VIP Dubplate
07. Royal-T & Champion - Mufasa
08. Swindle - Good Stay Bad
09. Royal-T - I Know You Want Me
10. P Money - Roll Call / Kowton - H-Street (138 Mix)
11. Preditah feat. JME - Jack Up The Tune
12. Darq E Freaker - 666 Sauna
13. P Jam - Disturbed 2.0
14. Murlo - Into Mist
15. Footsie - Hit Him (Butterz Dubplate)
16. JME - Integrity
17. 040 - Let It Be Known
18. Swindle & Silkie - Twinkle
19. Wiley feat. Andreena Mill - Born In The Cold
20. Kelela - Keep It Cool
21. DJ Q - Two Faced
22. Sir Spyro feat. JME & Alahna - Pull It Up
23. Flava D - Home VIP (Moony Remix)
24. Swindle - Outro
Fabric will release Fabriclive 75 on May 19th, 2014.