- The next album from the Manchester label comes from experimental artist Leyland Kirby.
Leyland Kirby will release a new album as The Stranger on Modern Love called Watching Dead Empires In Decay.
Kirby, who also produces as The Caretaker, was once described by Philip Sherburne as "a trickster, some bastard spawn of GG Allin, Andy Kaufman and Negativland, who records wry, antagonistic electronic music," though he's also responsible for a growing catalogue of richly textured ambient and experimental compositions. Modern Love is billing the record—the producer's first as The Stranger since 2008's Bleaklow—as a journey through "sheets of metal scraped and hammered." It'll be the second album on Modern Love this year, following April's Faint Hearted LP from label regular Miles Whittaker.
01. We Are Enemies But Not Here
02. So Pale It Shone In The Night
03. Spiral Of Decline
04. We Scarcely See Sunlight
05. Providence Or Fate
06. Where Are Our Monsters Now, Where Are Our Friends?
07. Grey Day Drift
08. Ill Fares The Land
09. About To Enter A Strange New Period
Modern Love will release Watching Dead Empires In Decay on October 28th, 2013.