- Function and Regis's contribution to the long-running series will come out in April.
Sandwell District have mixed Fabric 69.
The collective, which has included Regis, Function, Silent Servant and Female, began in 2002 and went on to establish itself as one of the past decade's most important techno outlets. After ceasing operations as a record label at the end of 2011, both Regis (Karl O'Connor) and Function (Dave Sumner) have continued to fly the Sandwell flag with live shows across the globe. The outfit continues to communicate with its fanbase via occasionally cryptic images on its Tumblr page—recently it posted a photo with the words "Sandwell District is dead."
Fabric 69 is the first official Sandwell District release since the acclaimed 2010 album Feed-Forward. The mix, which has been compiled by Function and Regis, contains a number of original cuts and remixes from the collective's members, as well as material from the likes of Factory Floor, Planetary Assault Systems, Carl Craig and Laurent Garnier.
"The mix was essentially an extension of Dave's working procedure and mindset he had got himself into while recording his artist album [Incubation] for Ostgut," Regis explains. "I outlined some sections/tracks that I thought might work with his, [then] I sent him rough 10 minute drafts for him to listen to and try and work into the main flow. The final mixdown was done by Dave, as he had gone over the whole mix hundreds of times fine tuning the detail, it made sense for him to execute the mix proper." Function meanwhile described the mix as "encapsulating an era and putting it to rest."
A launch party for Fabric 69 will be held at Fabric on Saturday, April 20th, with Function and Regis joined by resident Terry Francis and one-time Sandwell District label regular Rrose, who will play live.
01. Silent Servant - A Path Eternal
02. Function - Voiceprint (Loop/Edit)
03. VCMG - Spock (Regis Remix) (Loop/Edit)
04. Boyd Rice / Frank Tovey - Extraction 7
05. Raime - Exist In The Repeat Of Practice
06. Ike Yard - Loss (Regis Version)
07. Vatican Shadow - Church Of All Images (Regis Version)
08. Fiedel - Andreas (Bonus Beats)
09. Cub - CU2 (UST Funk Mix)
10. Mary Velo - Detune
11. JPLS - Basis
12. Rrose - Wedge
13. Ø - Syväys
14. Rrose - Wedge
15. Function - Modifier
16. Carl Craig - Darkness
17. Markus Suckut - Hunt
18. Samuel Kerridge - Waiting For Love Part 1
19. Untold - Motion The Dance
20. Surgeon - As You Breathe Here Now
21. Mark Ernestus - Mark Ernestus Meets BBC
22. Plastikman - Plasticine
23. Trevino - Uptight
24. VCMG - Spock (Regis Remix)
25. Planetary Assault Systems - Flat Tire
26. Factory Floor - 16-2-16-9-20-1-14-9-7
27. James Ruskin - Into A Circle
28. SS/S - Sicario de Dios: Siglo 2
29. Laurent Garnier - At Night
30. Function - Voiceprint (Reprise)
Fabric will release Fabric 69 by Sandwell District on April 22nd, 2013.