PublishedThu, 26 Mar 2009, 12:46
- Sven Weisemann, Markus Fix and Andy Vaz all appear on the Japanese label's first compilation CD.
Japanese house and techno label Lantern is set to release its first compilation CD this month.
Lantern is a joint operation between Plop and Spekk label owner Mondii and Tokyo-based DJ Naoki Shinohara, and focuses on the deeper side of the electronic music spectrum. Their debut compilation, entitled Monazite, takes tracks from artists on their roster (Arctic Hospital, Martin Schulte) and adds exclusive contributions from in demand producers such as Markus Fix, Sven Weisemann, Andy Vaz and Mojuba label boss Don Williams. According to Shinohara, the collection was devised to feature "artists who create highly-addictive tracks, [that are] both good for home listening and for the dancefloor." Force Inc. and Spectral Sound producer Geoff White also contributes one track, and there's also a special downtempo vocal collaboration between Lee Van Dowski and recent Planet E signing Glimpse.
01. Martin Schulte - The Return Of A Butterfly
02. Leif - Pandemonium
03. Mr. Dee - Winter (Martin Schulte Remix)
04. Geoff White - For What
05. Arctic Hospital - Greenliving
06. Sven Weisemann - Get Smart
07. Markus Fix - Oh Yes I Like It Render
08. Till Von Sein - Difray
09. Andy Vaz - I'm Only
10. Don Williams - Foreign Feel (Live Mix)
11. Glimpse & Lee Van Dowski - My Son
Lantern will release Monzanite this month.