HARDSOUL featuring DJ ROOG
Friday 16th January 2009
Supports by residents
DJ JOYO and DJ AAY
- Hardsoul consists of Dutch brothers Roog and Greg van Bueren.
- Roog has achieved the feat of being voted No.1 House DJ of Holland in the years for three consecutive years- 2000 / 2001 & 2002.
-In 2004 he was voted Holland’s most popular club DJ and was the highest ranked house DJ in the ID&T overall poll of 2003, 2004 and 2005.
- Their track 'Back Together', featuring house legend Ron Carroll, was voted No.1 record of the 2003 annual DJ Mag Hype Chart. The track was licensed to the following compilations; Hed Kandi - Beach House, Defected In The House by Simon Dunmore, Soul Heaven by Louie Vega, Defected in the House by Kenny Dope, Southport Weekender by Joey Negro, Miguel Migs and Ministry of Sound Germany by Knee Deep.
- Joey Negro named Roog/Hardsoul the most talented DJ/producer of 2003.
- After the huge success of ‘Back Together’ Defected asked Roog (Hardsoul) to join their international Defected In The House tour that brought him to London, Ibiza, Sydney, Melbourne, etc
- They were nominated for the Essential Track of the Year award as well as the ‘Outstanding Vocal Award’ for ‘Back Together’ at the 2004 International House Music Awards
- The 2004 Defected compilation called 'Soulfuric In The House' features four Hardsoul productions and remixes (some mixes are vinyl only). Soulfuric’s head honcho Brian Tappert claims “Hardsoul is the future of house” in the liner notes of the compilation.
- Hardsoul/Roog were nominated for breakthrough DJ of the year 2005 at the International House Music Awards.
- Two records on the Hardsoul Pressings label ended up in the 2006 Top 10 of best selling records on Traxsource (USA’s No. 1 download site for house music), namely ‘Deep Inside’, and the collaboration between Hardsoul and Ron Carroll on ‘My Life’.
- UK’s number one house label Defected asked Hardsoul to mix their new international compilation.
- The 2007 release by Greg, Jeroenski & Roog entitled ‘Your Mind is Twisted’ on the R&G imprint is shaping up to be a international underground hit.