→ → WHAT'S GOING ON? ← ←
Outdoor Films: Joni Mitchell: Shadows and Light
In September 1979, Joni Mitchell stopped her tour for the Mingus album to the Santa Barbara Bowl in California. With a lineup of all-star musicians like Pat Metheny, Jaco Pastorius, Lyle Mays and Michael Brecker, she performed songs from The Hissing of Summer Lawns, Court and Spark and, of course, Mingus. Tonight we screen the entire seventy-three minute concert on the big screen and big system.
Doors at 4pm // Film at 8pm // $10 per person // Reservations on Resy: https://resy.com/cities/ny/nowadays
If you'd like to join for the film, reserve a table that's denoted as a "film" table on our reservation system. As with any other time, if the cover is a barrier for you, please just drop us a line at [email protected], and we'll find a space where you can watch safely without having to pay.
→ → SAFETY DURING OUR LIMITED REOPENING ← ←
In order to open as safely as possible, we’re instituting new safety guidelines:
- We’re providing PPE to our staff and doing temperature checks throughout everyone’s shift, starting with a check upon arrival.
- To keep capacity below 25%, everyone who comes into Nowadays will need to have a reservation: resy.com/cities/ny/nowadays
- Tables will be at least six feet apart, and we’re asking everyone to stay at their table unless ordering food or drinks, going to the bathroom, or using the smoking section.
- You’ll also need to wear a face covering anytime you’re not at your table.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the space, and common surfaces will be disinfected regularly, with tables and seats disinfected between seatings.
Beyond this, we will continue to ask all guests to follow our safer space policy.
→ → NOWADAYS SAFER SPACE POLICY ← ←
In an effort to create a space where all people feel safe, we don’t tolerate any of these things within our walls or in our back yard:
– Non-Consensual Touching
– Racist, Homophobic, Transphobic, Sexist or Other Discriminatory Language
If someone says or does anything to make you feel uncomfortable while you’re here please let anyone on staff know.
Thank you and have fun!