Circle Of Live is thrilled to present a new chapter in the evolution of the project: “In Dreams” sleeping concert series. The intention behind these all-night, improvised, live ambient performances is to explore the full range of mind states occurring between sleep and consciousness, in the context of a shared collective experience.
The first In Dreams event will occur in collaboration with Amsterdam promoter Breakfast Club. Taking place in the spectacular 15th century, architectural marvel that is De Waalse Kerk church, Johanna Knutsson and Sebastian Mullaert will guide the audience through their dreams for 8 hours during regular sleeping times. De Waalse Kerk will be transformed into the ADE Zen Space for the week, and the concert will be staged within a lightscape installation and on a stage designed by Studio Koen Steger. Starting at 23:00 onwards on Thursday October 17th, the event will conclude with a breakfast at 7:00AM and provide a chance for everyone to reflect on and exchange stories from their experiences during a night of mutual dreaming.
By the means of live improvisation, Johanna and Sebastian will try to use the misty borderland between sleep and consciousness to their advantage, through sparse expansive ambient soundscapes. Can dreams be gently manipulated by a musical excursion through the unconscious landscape within? Can dreams be experienced collectively through a controlled collective experience? Will you float in a state of mind wondering whilst awake or enter a full on lucid dream? Or will you simply sleep like a baby? There’s only one way to find out, but this is a strictly limited event so don’t sleep on it (pun intended)
– Please be ready to enter the venue a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the concert. For the purpose of minimising disturbance of the collective experience, no entry will be allowed past the 23:00 starting point.
– We will not provide your sleeping arrangements, so please bring your own pillow, cover or sleeping bag, bedroll, camping mattress etc. Or perhaps borrow from your hotel! Due to the limited space we will not allow big ol’ electrical inflatable beds or bulky mattresses. Use your common sense and get cozy!
– Fruit and water will be readily available during the night. You’re allowed to bring some light refreshments but keep it simple. And more importantly quiet. Alcoholic beverages are absolutely forbidden.
– Breakfast is included in the ticket price and we will serve vegetarian / vegan options.
– For some, this will be a night filled with musical wonder. Others will perhaps fall asleep at 23:05, with dreams heavily infused by Knutsson & Mullaert. Either way, mutual respect and consideration are key words. There will be a host available at all times, at your service.
– We reserve the right to exclude anyone not observing these requirements. But of course you will. It will be fantastic.