Well, what a year.
As you all know, we held back as much as we possibly could to try and make MB 2020 happen before having to make the horrible decision to pull the event only a week before. As you can imagine this was gut wrenching for us, however now gladly we know we made the correct decision in March to protect the health and safety of our stall holders, attendees and artists.
We, like all of you, held on to hopes that this would all be over by August at the latest and that we could then start to plan Machina Bristronica for March 28th 2021.
Oh how we were wrong..
Now not only are we still dealing with this damn virus not disappearing and causing more chaos within our industries but we are now faced with the extra dilemma of Brexit. Along with Covid, Brexit is making every promoter in the UK question next year's festival planning.
With Brexit we potentially may be looking at working visas for the brands and artists who travel from abroad to the UK and who knows if they will even be allowed to fly from the EU and USA in March 2021. And if so, will they/you feel safe in an event this size touching synths, mingling with others and talking to module builders, unfortunately everything is still far too risky to run our event safely.
Last nights announcement of a 3rd lockdown here in the UK solidified our feelings that it's still unrealistic to plan or even consider holding Machina Bristronica in March 2021 and as much as it pains us, realistically Machina Bristronica is going to have to wait a little longer and be held back to 2022 like potentially a lot of other events and festivals.
The health and safety of everyone at Machina Bristronica is our top priority and although we can't believe this ourselves, I am sure you all fully understand why we are having to postpone again. :(
We are so proud of what we achieved in 2019 and what was going to be an even bigger festival last year but we simply can't run the festival given the numbers and current lockdown conditions. We’ve had to look around and fully take on board the current situation and how it will be in March 2021.
All tickets will again still be valid from this years’ event for 2022 when hopefully all gigs, events, festivals, theatres and everything surrounding our industry will be back to some normality again.
RA still is holding all this year's ticket money which we have no access to, so your ticket money is still safe in their holding accounts however if you do wish a refund then we fully understand and all the required information is available here.